Friday, August 31, 2012

Preseason Waivers

Round 1-Jonathan Dwyer RB
Dwyer was on my radar as a late round flier possibility during the draft. Opted for Ballard, Royster and Pierce that paid off in different ways. Dwyer has had a great preseason, is young, and the Steelers could have an opportunity for him to step into the "feature" back role with Redman nursing an injury and Mendenhall coming back for a major one and a free agent after 2012. Was really hoping WR Josh Gordon would fall to me but he was the first waiver selection off the board to Arian.

Round 2-Garret Hartley K
Didn't pick a kicker in the draft so I had to get one. Disappointed that I couldn't use this selection on a WR since I feel very weak at that position. If Miles Austin's hamstring issues continue, I am in big trouble there. Could've had S. Smith, R. Streater, L. Brazill, with my round 1 pick, but opted for the RB because of the larger injury risk there and always seem to be more WR options available from the waiver wire during the season.

No comments: